From its ambitious beginnings more than 30 years ago, the Lancaster Festival continues to gain momentum and acclaim, featuring 10 days of events, 20 performance sites and hundreds of artists. This effort is achieved with a small office staff plus more than 600 volunteers.
VOLUNTEER COMMITMENTS TO THE COMMUNITY
• Promote the artistic growth and outreach of the Lancaster Festival Orchestra as the cornerstone of classical music programming.
• Maintain the highest quality in all aspects of the Festival while encouraging experimentation and adventure.
• Support and offer visibility for community artists.
• Be all-inclusive in our appeal to the community.
• Be an advocate of arts education for all children.
• Nurture the sense of family, community and homecoming in the Festival.
• Create a dynamic organization that will sustain and grow the Festival into the future.
• Foster the spirit of volunteerism in the community and provide recognition for volunteer efforts.
• Create a sound financial base to support all goals.
• Stimulate economic development in the community.
• Make the Lancaster Festival a nationally visible signature of the community
Committees may meet over the course of the entire year to plan and coordinate the activities of the Festival.
Click here for a volunteer information form.